%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Lisa MacLeod, PhDAssociate Professor of International Studies
Director of International Studies
- Ph.D., Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver
- M.Sc., Sociology, London School of Economics
- M.A., Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver
- B.A., International Relations and English, University of Southern California
- 2016 - Present, Associate Professor of International Studies, Soka University of America
- 2006-2016, Professor of International Studies with Continuous Appointment (Unranked), Soka University of America
- 2002 – 2006, Professor of International Studies (Unranked), Soka University of America
- 2000 - 2002, Instructor, United States Air Force Academy
- 1998 - 2000, Instructor, University of Northern Colorado
- The United Nations
- Security Council Politics
- United Nations Peace Operations
- Human Rights
- Norms and International Relations Theory
Selected Papers, Publications & Lectures
- MacLeod, Lisa. (Forthcoming) “Boundary Disputes in the Pacific Basin” in Introduction to the Pacific Basin (Routledge).
- MacLeod, Lisa. (Forthcoming 2017) “China’s Security Council Engagement: The Impact of Normative and Causal Beliefs,” Global Governance: A Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (2007, Paperback Edition) Constructing Peace: Lessons from UN Peacebuilding Operations in El Salvador and Cambodia. Lexington Books: Lanham, MD.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (2006, Hardcover Edition) Constructing Peace: Lessons from UN Peacebuilding Operations in El Salvador and Cambodia. Lexington Books: Lanham, MD.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (October 9, 2015) “China, the Security Council and the Protection of Civilians,” Paper presented to the 2015 ISAC-ISSS Conference, October 8-10, 2015, Springfield, MA.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (June 5, 2009) “China and UN Peace Operations: Shifting Conflict Transformation Paradigms?” Paper presented to The Academic Council on the United Nations System Annual Meeting, June 4-6, 2009, Institute of International Relations at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad.
- MacLeod, Lisa a. Hall. (May 12, 2007) “China and UN Peace Operations: Shaping the Fourth Generation” Paper presented to the China Symposium, Soka University of America, Aliso Viejo CA.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (March 2006) International Donors, Peacebuilding and Democratic Transitions. Paper presented at the meeting of the Western Political Science Association. Albuquerque, NM.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (December 2002). UN Peacebuilding and the War on Terrorism. Paper presented to the Orange County Peacebuilders, Soka University of America, Aliso Viejo, CA.
- Faber, Jim and Lisa A. Hall MacLeod. (August 2002). Peacekeeping, Peacebuilding and Nation-Building: An Assessment of Lessons Learned As We Look Forward to Likely Requests for International Assistance. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association Annual, Boston, MA.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (November 2000). From Military Observation to Peacebuilding: The Evolution of Norms Behind UN Responses to Civil Conflict. Paper presented at the Conference on Globalization and Security co-sponsored by Women in International Security and the International Studies Association, Denver, CO.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (March 2000). The Social Construction of Legitimacy and the Resolution of Civil Conflict: El Salvador (A First Cut). Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the International Studies Association/Southwest, Galveston, TX.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (June 1999). Legitimacy, Conflict Resolution and Democracy in War-Torn Societies (The Democracy-Conflict Resolution Nexus). Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academic Council of the United Nations System, New York City, NY.
- Hall, Lisa A. (1996). Self-determination, Nationalism and the Democratic State: Why Democratic Institutions Cannot Solve the Nationalism Problem. Paper presented at the Conference on Democracy and Democratization, University of Denver, Denver, CO.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. “Peacekeeping’s Fourth Generation” 2010 Distinguished Guest Lecture Series. April 2, 2010. Emeritus Institute, Saddleback College. Aliso Niguel, CA.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. “UN Peace Operations” May 31, 2007. United Nations Association of Orange County, CA.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. “Promoting Women’s Participation in Peace & Security Process: Operationalizing UN Security Council Resolution 1325” Working Conference Delegate. November 18-20, 2004. Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, University of San Diego.
- MacLeod, Lisa A. Hall. (June 2001). The United Nations and Civil Conflict. Paper presented at the Women in International Security Summer Symposium, Washington, DC.
Courses Taught at SUA
- Introduction to International Relations
- Introduction to Human Rights
- Introduction to Peace Studies
- The United Nations and World Politics
- International Law
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- The American Experience
- Learning Cluster
- Enduring Questions in Contemporary Context
- Modes of Inquiry