%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Soka University of America offers a B.A. in Liberal Arts with a concentration in Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies, or Social and Behavioral Sciences. Each of these concentrations supports the Pacific Basin focus of SUA, as well as its emphasis on leadership and contributive citizenship. Degree offerings and concentrations will increase in number and range consistent with enrollment increases and student interests. Programs and courses have been designed to provide students with the following:
- Multiple perspectives drawing on diverse cultures, traditions, and points of view with special attention given to Eastern and Western thought and practice.
- A general education program that introduces students to disciplinary knowledge and perspectives, as well as to critical and creative thinking and to the communication skills necessary for life-long learning.
- A core curriculum that reflects the values that inspired the creation of SUA through the study of the great works of the human mind.
- Language offerings that enable access to the literature and culture of different Pacific Basin peoples.
- A study abroad or internship experience for half the junior year that deepens students’ language skills and their awareness of the culture supporting that language.
- Learning clusters that organize small teams of students and faculty to conduct interdisciplinary research and develop proposals and solutions for issues of local, regional, or global significance.
- A capstone experience that is required of all concentrations in the senior year, drawing upon the research and academic skills and experience that students have developed during their careers at SUA.
Undergraduate program student learning outcomes are:
- To foster an awareness of the needs of our changing world through developing a sense of history and an understanding of the nature of reality
- To think and investigate critically and creatively
- To be effective at various modes of expression and communication
- To acquire knowledge and appreciation of multiple cultures and traditions
- To become, through integrative learning, active and informed global citizens