- Academics Overview (MA Program)
- Academics Overview (BA Program)
- Liberal Arts Curriculum
- General Education Curriculum
- Learning Clusters
- Study Abroad and International Internships
- Programs: World Map
- Argentina, Buenos Aires
- Argentina, Mendoza
- Chile, Santiago
- Chile, Valaparaiso
- China, Beijing
- China, Harbin
- China, Nanjing
- China, Shanghai
- Costa Rica, Heredia
- Dominican Republic, Santiago
- Ecuador, Quito
- France, Aix-en-Provence
- France, Grenoble
- France, Paris
- France, Rennes
- France, Strasbourg
- Japan, Kansai
- Japan, Osaka
- Japan, Sapporo
- Japan, SUJ Tokyo
- Mexico, Guanajuato
- Mexico, Merida
- Mexico, Xalapa
- Peru, Lima
- Spain, Acala de Henares
- Spain, Barcelona
- Spain, Granada
- Spain, Madrid
- Spain, Seville
- Taiwan, Taipei
- Senegal, Dakar
- Eligibility for Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Experiences
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Study Abroad Staff
- Programs: World Map
- Academic FAQs
- Academic Resources
- Office of the Registrar
- ESL for Accepted and Conditionally Accepted Students
- Pacific Basin Research Center (PBRC)
- Faculty - Full-Time
- Faculty - Adjunct
- Academic Freedom Policy
- Academic Events
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE), Nanjing University
- Spring Semester (February - Late June)
- Fall Semester (Late August - Mid December)
- GPA - 2.75
- Nanjing University is recognized as one of the top 10 universities in China.
- All courses are for CIEE students only and offer high quality teachers.
- Two required language classes (6 credits each): Speaking & Reading/Writing.
- One required area studies course (3 credits) which examines the socioeconomic, political and cultural aspects of Chinese society. (Instructed in English. Credits will not transfer back to Soka.)
- Daily dictation test & weekly vocabulary test.
- Language Pledge not as strictly enforced as other Chinese programs.
- Students are required to study Mandarin Chinese at intermediate and advanced levels.
- One-on-one tutorial session with a graduate student (2hrs/week).
- Class 4 hrs a day / 4 days a week (M-TH). Excursions on Fridays.
- Target Language Meals.
- Cultural Reimbursement Program.
- Average class size: 5-10 students.
- CIEE participants per semester: 10-20 students.
- Students are paired with Nanjing University students for weekly one-on-one Chinese language tutorials.
Extra-curricular classes: tai chi, calligraphy, etc.
- Two major overnight field trips in and out of Nanjing with a-half day trip every two weeks.
- Six trips are integrated into the academic curriculum reflecting topics covered in the language and area studies courses.
- Students will live in the International dormitory with a Chinese roommate.
Chinese homestays are available upon request.