%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE), Nanjing University
- Spring Semester (February - Late June)
- Fall Semester (Late August - Mid December)
- Nanjing University is recognized as one of the top 10 universities in China.
- All courses are for CIEE students only and offer high quality teachers.
- Two required language classes (6 credits each): Speaking & Reading/Writing.
- One required area studies course (3 credits) which examines the socioeconomic, political and cultural aspects of Chinese society. (Instructed in English. Credits will not transfer back to Soka.)
- Daily dictation test & weekly vocabulary test.
- Language Pledge not as strictly enforced as other Chinese programs.
- Students are required to study Mandarin Chinese at intermediate and advanced levels.
- One-on-one tutorial session with a graduate student (2hrs/week).
- Class 4 hrs a day / 4 days a week (M-TH). Excursions on Fridays.
- Target Language Meals.
- Cultural Reimbursement Program.
- Average class size: 5-10 students.
- CIEE participants per semester: 10-20 students.
- Students are paired with Nanjing University students for weekly one-on-one Chinese language tutorials.
- Extra-curricular classes: tai chi, calligraphy, etc.
- Two major overnight field trips in and out of Nanjing with a-half day trip every two weeks.
- Six trips are integrated into the academic curriculum reflecting topics covered in the language and area studies courses.
- Students will live in the International dormitory with a Chinese roommate.
- Chinese homestays are available upon request.