%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Heredia, Costa Rica
Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) Bulter, Universidad Nacional
- Spring Semester (Late January – Late June)
- Fall Semester (Mid July – Early December)
- GPA - 3.0
- 4 semesters of university-level Spanish
- SUA-STAMP Test Intermediate-Mid required
- Strong in Latin American studies, biology, sociology, economics, business, environmental studies, and ecology, arts (music) and dance.
- 1 Butler classes required: Advanced Spanish (3 levels) or Social History of Costa Rica.
- All coursework is in Spanish.
- Class size: 10-40
- 25-30 Butler participants (20.000 total student population)
- 4-5 hrs homework a day expected.
- Service learning opportunities that are included as part of the mandatory intermediate Spanish course
- 2 overnight trips
- Study at 2nd largest cities after San Jose
- Home stay with Costa Rican families
- 3 meals per day provided
- Orientation in Spanish
- Safety issues (read comments from returnees)
- No cell phones available.
- Internship/volunteer opportunities available for non-credit.
- Easy to join student clubs.
- Student visa can be obtained on site.
Costa Rica Overview