Dominican Republic, Santiago
International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Spring Semester (Early January – Late April)
- Fall Semester (Mid-August – Mid-December)
- Cumulative GPA – 2.5
- Recommended for students with intermediate to advanced level of Spanish.
- Soka students usually take between 12 to 16 credits.
- Soka students are required to attend “Latin American Studies, Spanish Languages & Courses with Locals”.
- Program offers many content courses for Intermediate/Advanced students designed for international students.
- All courses are taught by host university faculty at the Pontifical Catholic University “Madre y Maestra”.
- 4-5 field trips
- Study abroad students will be enchanted with the varied architecture, colonial museums, vast natural areas, and varied ecosystems. Whether visiting the Samaná Bay humpback whale breeding ground, exploring ruins over 500 years old, or watching the national sport of baseball, students will have numerous opportunities to experience Dominican culture while on their study abroad program.
- Homestay - Students typically have their own individual bedroom.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included seven days a week, as well as laundry service once a week.
- The Dominican people are very friendly and love to talk. They are outgoing and enjoy spending time with family and friends.
ISA- Santiago, DR