Councils on International Education and Exchange (CIEE)
- Spring Semester (January – May)
- Fall Semester (Late August – December)
- Overall GPA- 2.75 or higher
- GPA 3.0 or higher in French Language
- 4 semesters of college-level French or equivalent
- Students with intermediate to advanced-level French language skills.
- Students must have an independent, self-motivated attitude.
- CIEE Rennes offers a combination of French language and content courses taken at CIREFE and the Université de Haute Bretagne Rennes II.
- Students take 14 credits (min.) to 18 credits (max), but usually between 16 to 18 credits per semester.
- Required preliminary language and culture course (2 credits) followed by a placement exam.
- Required language course at the appropriate level of placement. (Levels A1-C2, average 6 credits)
- Three to five content courses which are 2 - 3 credits each. Students placed in advanced levels will take one to two content courses, depending on their credit load. Content courses include UHB courses.
- During the fall semester, there are two, two-day excursions. During the spring semester, there are both day-long and extended excursions.
- A range of cultural activities and field trips which include an orientation in Paris, visits to museums, a city-tour of Rennes, theater performances, and group dinners.
- In past semesters, students have participated in field trips to the southwestern coast of Brittany, beaches of Normandy, Mont Saint-Michell, and a tour of the castles along the Loire valley.
- Students live with a host family while living in Rennes.