SUA, University in Shinjuku, Mejiro University
- Spring Semester: Early April ~ Early August
- Fall Semester: Early August ~ Late January (Students attending Fall semester will not be able to enroll in the January Learning Cluster. In addition, students will only have a few days to return for the start of spring semester at SUA.)
- Cumulative GPA – 2.5
- Soka students will typically earn a max of 15 credits (1 course).
- Designed for students with language levels of either proficient, low intermediate or beginner.
- There are a total of 6 class levels: N4 - N5 (Beginner), N2 - N3 (Intermediate), N1S -N1 (Advanced).
- Average class size: 15
- Strong language acquisition environment.
- Excellent teachers.
- Soka students study at JALP, Japanese Language Program for Foreign Students, at Mejiro University.
- Classes run 5 days a week for 3-4 hrs per day. An additional 3-4 hrs of daily class prep. if you are placed in a higher level.
- Many Asian students in the program (currently no American students).
- The campus is located in the quiet residential area of central Tokyo, Shinjuku.
- Only dormitories are available for housing, no homestay.
- University dorms (one minute walk to school) and off-campus affiliate dorms (30 minutes by walk). Soka students are likely to live in the off-campus affiliate dorm.
- University dorms have one male dorm with single rooms and two female dorms with single rooms or suite style rooms for 3 people.
- Off-campus affiliate dormitories have single rooms available.
- Good support system with residential life staff at dormitories.
- Meal stipend provided by SUA. (ATM available on campus.)
- University festival in Fall
- Cultural studies programs in Spring
- Local student touring program