Institute For Study Abroad (IFSA)- Butler University
- Spring Semester (January - May)
- Fall Semester (Mid August - Mid December)
- GPA - 3.0
- At least 4 semesters of university-level Spanish
- Designed for students with advanced to intermediate level of Spanish.
- The program is operated in Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán, the top public university in Mexico.
- Students will be required to take an advanced Spanish course.
- Students may choose to take one of two program courses: History of Mayan Culture and Civilization or History of Mexico-U.S. Relations
- The University offers a full range of courses in the social sciences, humanities, education, business and sciences.
- 4- to 5-day archaeological trip combined with snorkeling and cenote visits.
- Day trip to Uxmal, Chichén or Ek-Balam.
- Day trip to the Hacienda Sotuta de Peón.
Butler - Merida, Mexico
- Students will live with Mexican host families in order to further deepen your cultural immersion.