%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
- Soka University of America
Councils on International Education and Exchange (CIEE), National Chengchi University
- Spring Semester (Mid February - Mid June)
- Fall Semester (Late August - Mid December)
- GPA - 2.75
- 2 Semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent.
- Students take a placement test during orientation and are assigned an appropriate language level.
- Course requirements (16 credits total)
- Intensive Chinese Language course (12 credits)
- Chinese Language Practicum course (1 credit)
- CIEE Elective Course (3 credits). Elective courses are taught in both Chinese and English. However, only elective courses taught in Chinese are eligible to be transferred back to Soka for credit.
- Designed for the intermediate or advanced levels of Chinese.
- In general, Academics are not too rigorous. Average 1 - 2 hrs per day of homework.
- Study traditional Chinese characters.
- Students are invited to meet with locals and expatriates, journalists, diplomats, educators and business people for special lectures.
- Small class size: 5-6 students.
- Target Language Meals (Bi-monthly group meals with locals.)
- Students are encouraged to participate in sports or student clubs on campus.
- 4 - 5 field trips to various temples, mountains, tea plantations, porcelain workshops, and museums around northern Taiwan.
- Excursions are lead by Taiwanese cultural ambassadors to help facilitate an intercultural exchange between peers.
- Taipei is a flourishing "civil society" which boasts a number of NPO's (Non-Profit Organizations) and NGO's (Non-Governmental Organizations) in which you are encouraged to volunteer.
- Housing on campus with 3 locals (easy to make friends).
- Allowance for meals provided by SUA.
- There are many restaurants on and off campus. Dining-out is very common.
- City is safe environment.
- Easy access to everything by train or taxi.