- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
Performing Arts Center Manager
Date Posted: 04/13/2010
Soka University of America is seeking a Performing Arts Center Manager. The Manager reports directly to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The Manager oversees all Performing Arts Center (PAC) day-to-day operations. The Manager is also responsible for developing procedures and policies for the PAC. He or she will manage the facility schedule and act as liaison with the faculty, student body, campus community as well as external clients and artists. The Manager will also create the marketing and outreach materials. He or she will manage the PAC budget and oversee all operations including the front-of-house, backstage and box office. The Manager will train and supervise event staff and volunteers and coordinate with the Events Area, Facilities, IT, and other areas as needed. The Manager must be able to work a flexible schedule that may require evenings and weekends.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field. Business or Arts Administration or Management preferred.
- Minimum of three years in performing arts or theater arts management. Some higher education experience preferred.
- Relevant facilities and business management experience.
- Knowledge of box office policies and procedures and front-of-house activities
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, budgets, recordkeeping
- Excellent ability to develop promotional and marketing materials
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing web design, publishing software, databases, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics.
- A strong evidence of a spirit of collegiality and a strong service orientation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students and the community
- Excellent planning, administrative, budget and personnel management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of university personnel, as well as a variety of outside organizations and firms.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct multiple programs and activities.
- Motivation, creativity and initiative to surpass goals.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Performing Arts Center Manager Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: email@example.com
SokaUniversity of America is an equal opportunity employer.