- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Assistant to the Registrar
Date Posted: 7/29/2010
Soka University of America is seeking an Assistant to the Registrar. Under the direction of the Registrar, this position performs a wide variety of duties involved in the support and maintenance of the Registrar's office, which include but are not limited to; maintaining student files both electronically and hard copy including scanning and filing of records; providing support to students during enrollment periods; assisting students with regards to enrollments, academic procedures, schedule of classes, academic calendar, transcript requests, and other general requests; coordinating classroom reservations. This position will also handle general administrative duties such as answering phone calls and e-mail inquiries, greeting visitors, managing registration calendars, managing class schedules, preparing and typing correspondence and reports, as well as being flexible in providing support to the Registrar and in assisting with all aspects of the Registrar's office. This position will maintain the confidentiality and the integrity of student records and must have an ethical and professional manner in dealing with sensitive student information.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Related experience in higher education desirable.
- Ability to enter a high volume of data accurately and efficiently in a busy office environment.
- Ability to work independently, to exercise creativity, and to work effectively with colleagues.
- Must have excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, and strong data entry skills.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad and diverse student body.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with accuracy;
- Demonstrate wise judgment, problem-solving skills, and the desire to learn new technology and office skills.
- Prepare documents and summaries with attention to detail while balancing multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability and strong aptitude to learn and acquire new skills in dealing with SUA's student records system (PeopleSoft).
- High ethical and professional standards
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations in dealing with the "Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - FERPA."
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Assistant to the Registrar Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.