Date posted: 05/19/2010
Soka University of America is seeking an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller assists the Controller in directing the university's accounting functions which include establishing and maintaining the university's accounting principles, practices and procedures. Assists with preparation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports, presenting findings and recommendations to the administration and preparing and coordinating the annual audit.
Candidates should have:
- CPA Required
- Masters degree and/or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the Accounting function and 5 or more years of experience relevant to accounting required.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing & spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and planning skills.
- Excellent administrative, budget management and personnel management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of University personnel, as well as a variety of outside organizations and firms.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references, to:Human Resources Re: Assistant Controller Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4105 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.