Director of Student Recruitment
Date Posted: 03/07/2011
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks a Director of Student Recruitment. The Director reports directly to the Dean of Enrollment Services and Student Records. The Director will provide leadership in, and will oversee, the development and implementation of a comprehensive recruitment strategy that will identify, attract, admit and enroll a highly qualified, diverse student body at SUA. The Director will also re-engineer the University's core recruitment strategies on an on-going basis to achieve specific goals and to position the University for the next level of long-term success.
The Director will also be responsible for:
- The publication of recruitment materials, including view books, program brochures, bulletins, fact sheets, applications and videos that are used in marketing SUA to prospective students, parents and high school counselors.
- The development of Internet and web-based communications to enhance recruitment efforts.
- Direct recruitment efforts in seasonal, weekend and evening events.
The candidate must be willing to travel.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituent groups, work successfully in cross-functional settings, and function in a fast paced environment.
- Be a dynamic, creative professional with a proven record of marketing, student outreach, and recruitment of successful students.
- Be a highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starter capable of presenting a positive and professional image of the university.
- Be a highly imaginative, well-organized, high-energy and skilled professional with excellent people skills who can stay current with marketing trends, demographics shifts, and undergraduate program developments at other schools.
- Have a proven track record in meeting established goals and deadlines and has an understanding of the college choice process.
- Five years experience in direct student recruitment, marketing, publication, outreach, and strategic planning, is required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required and a Master's degree is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America offers a competitive benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history/requirements and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Director of Student Recruitment Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: email@example.com
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.