Date Posted: 08/06/2014
Soka University of America is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant reports to the Controller.
The Accountant is responsible for accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, bank reconciliations, and financial statement reporting. The individual will also be responsible for budget input/monitoring and fixed asset management system. The Accountant will also recommend and implement appropriate accounting policies, procedures and controls. The University is actively seeking an individual of character and vision and who enjoys working with students, faculty and staff members from many cultures, in a collaborative, consensus decision-making environment.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of three years experience in public accounting or higher education.
- Solid experience with Excel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Strong communication and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent administrative, budget management and personnel management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of University personnel, as well as a variety of outside organizations and firms.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin September 5, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. SUA offers a competitive salary, benefits and excellent working environment.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Accountant position
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.