Admission Recruitment Counselor
Date Posted: 03/07/2011
Soka University of America seeks an Admission Counselor. This position is responsible for implementing various aspects of the strategic recruitment plan. The ideal candidate will coordinate recruitment activities within assigned geographic territories; represent the University by meeting and counseling prospective students and parents regarding admission policies and procedures as well as maintenance and follow-up by letter, phone and email; represent the University at college fairs, conduct high school visits, build relationships with school district officials, guidance counselors, principals and teachers; participate in campus wide recruitment events; serve on the Admission Committee; assist in the preparation of recruitment materials; analyze data and prepare reports. This individual will also be responsible for managing one or more special projects in the office. Some evening and weekend hours and ten to fifteen weeks of annual recruitment related travel is required. Valid California driver’s license needed. SUA is actively seeking an individual of character and vision and who enjoys working with students, faculty and staff members from many cultures, in a collaborative decision-making environment.
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Two years recruitment and admission experience with some knowledge of financial aid programs. A background in counseling or advising students is preferred.
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding established goals as a well as interpersonal and community relations skills.
- Knowledge of retention issues and the use of technology in the recruitment process.
- Solid knowledge of the SUA mission and its community.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Flexibility, creativity, ability to travel and a good sense of humor in a fast paced environment.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing data bases, word processing, spreadsheets and graphics.
- A student-centered philosophy
- High ethical and professional standards
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position will remain open until filled. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Admission Recruitment Counselor Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.