Assistant to the Faculty (closed)
Date Posted: 05/19/2014
Soka University of America is seeking an Assistant to the Faculty. The Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support to Faculty; which includes preparing and typing correspondence and reports, designing, setting-up and maintaining of files (including electronic), research, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, photocopying and other general administrative duties.
Candidates should have:
- College degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years administrative work experience, in a university environment preferred.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence and reports.
- Strong skills in proofreading and editing.
- Skills in research and information gathering.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Majority of responsibilities include:
- To support faculty with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Serve as Academic Affairs Representative for SUA Today (an on-campus electronic newsletter) and prepare and coordinate articles for this monthly publication;
- Coordinate the Academic Affairs Guest Speaker/Lecture Series in conjunction with the Dean of Faculty Office;
- Schedule meetings;
- Assist with correspondence;
- Design, set up and maintain files (including electronic) of correspondence, records and other documents for concentrations, programs and areas;
- Photocopy and scan readings after the completion of the appropriate copyright clearance forms and upload the files into the learning management system;
- Screen calls and visitors and refer inquiries to the appropriate departments;
- Other functions may be assigned as needed at the direction of the Dean of Faculty and/or Assistant to the Dean of Faculty/Academic Affairs Administrative Coordinator.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America also offers a competitive benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until deadline for applications: June 13, 2014. Send a letter of interest along with resume, salary history and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to:Human Resources Re: Faculty Assistant Position Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656 firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer