%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Assistant to the General Manager of the Performing Arts Center
Date Posted: 05/09/2013
Soka University of America is seeking an Administrative Assistant with graphic design experience to provide direct support to the General Manager of the Soka Performing Arts Center (PAC).
The Assistant will be responsible for graphic design, provides the Director with administrative support and box office assistance. The Assistant will design and create a variety of promotional materials for the Soka Performing Arts Center. The Assistant will also provide administrative and clerical support, assist with contract administration and develop and maintain relationships between artists and the Soka PAC.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years administrative experience preferably in performing arts.
- Hands on experience in graphic design including constructing design files for brochures, posters, banners, etc.
- Experience in print and digital production.
- Experience in creating and designing marketing materials.
- Ability to create conceptual presentations as well as mechanical production files.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing Microsoft office applications and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Web experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both in person and by phone.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence and reports.
- Strong skills in proofreading and editing. Must be detail-orientated.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate filing system and records. Must be extremely organized.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Capacity to work well independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities, projects and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with artists, administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- High ethical and professional standards
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:
Re: Assistant to General Manager (PAC)
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.