Assistant to the Office of the Dean of Faculty (closed)
Date Posted: 06/23/2014
Soka University of America is seeking a Full-Time Assistant to the Office of the Dean of Faculty. The Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support to the Academic Affairs Administrative Coordinator and will include preparing and typing correspondence and reports, setting-up and maintaining of files (including electronic), research, organizing conferences and handling logistics for Academic Affairs’ events, photocopying, scanning and other general administrative duties.
Candidates should have:
- College degree.
- A minimum of two years administrative work experience, in a university environment preferred.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and MS Outlook.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence.
- Strong skills in proofreading and editing.
- Skills in research and information gathering.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Deadline for applications: July 31, 2014. Please send a letter of interest along with resume, salary history and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to:Human Resources Re: Assistant to the Office of the Dean of Faculty Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656 firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer