%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Date Posted: 01/17/2014
Soka University of America is seeking an Athletic Equipment and Operations Coordinator. Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the Athletic Equipment and Operations Coordinator directly oversees the security, issue and implementation of all equipment and assets for all recreational activities of the Soka University of America, Aliso Viejo campus. The Coordinator will also assist in the maintenance and control of all recreational facilities, assist in the implementation of potential future SUA camps and clinic programs for area youth.
Of primary responsibility for the Coordinator will be the inventory, maintenance, repair, safety, distribution and disposal of all equipment, as well as planning and implementing laundry services. The Coordinator will assess, develop, implement and evaluate programs and equipment needs; oversee the day-to-day operation of the recreation office; handle user conduct issues; and monitor, research and administrate equipment budgets in light of developments and trends in the industry.
This position will also share supervisory and training responsibilities for a moderate sized staff of part-time and student employees. The Coordinator will be responsible for creating and supporting a work community that allows a diverse group of students, faculty and staff to grow and develop individually and collectively as part of an intramural, instructional, or fitness program.
The Coordinator will also be charged with securing and policing all recreational facilities including the gym and all recreational areas therein, two athletic fields, the track, and aquatic center. These duties will include after-hours or weekend duties, supervising rentals and other uses of the recreation facilities by both campus and external constituencies and facility set-up for events held in these venues. The Coordinator will also assist in instructional duties in various areas, including the implementation of youth camps and clinics sponsored by the SUA Athletic program.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two years recent professional experience in equipment and facilities at the collegiate level.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing summer activities and youth sports instruction.
- Experience in supervising and training student workers.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
- CPR and First Aid training required.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of students and staff.
- Commitment to mutual respect, service orientation, multiculturalism and diversity, community service and institutional excellence.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America offers excellent benefits. This is a full-time 12-month contract. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. To apply, send a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Athletic Equipment and Operations Coordinator Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4105 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer