- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Director of Information Technology (closed)
Date Posted: 11/07/2013
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for directing, managing and coordinating all institutional information technology systems and services, including academic and administrative data processing and management information, telecommunications and media. The individual will administer the planning and implementation of technological applications for University academic computer operations. The Director will establish services to educate users from all campus constituencies in applying information technology to their work. The Director will provide vision and leadership for information technology initiatives and functions that support the mission and goals of the university. The Director will lead strategic planning efforts for all related IT programs and services for the university. The Director will enhance and sustain the technology infrastructure for the university. The Director will promote a customer-service and satisfaction orientation within the Information Technology Department.
- A Master’s degree in a technology-related field.
- 10 years increasing managerial experience in an academic and complex IT environment is preferred.
- Experience in the coordination & delivery of computer services & academic technologies required.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Working experience with PeopleSoft is highly desired.
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to data processing and electronic communication systems and hardware, including: programming; systems analysis and design; network management; installation of both UNIX-based, PC-based and Apple-based business systems; hardware and software purchasing; hardware diagnosis and repair; and user instruction.
- Experience with library information systems, data, voice and video network.
- A proven track record of leadership, follow-through and proven results in IT and in setting and implementing a strategic vision for technological applications which support a highly diverse and demanding faculty, staff and student user community.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. SUA offers a competitive salary, benefits and excellent working environment.To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to: Human Resources Re: Director of Information Technology Soka University of America 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 or E-mail: email@example.com
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.