%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Date Posted: 03/06/2012
Soka University of America is seeking a Grant Writer/Administrator. The Grant Writer/Administrator will report to the Dean of Faculty. The Grant Writer/Administrator shall be responsible for creating, leading, managing and oversight of all aspects of a comprehensive grants office, including developing policies and procedures. This position will be responsible for the development, preparation and submission of grant proposals. The Grant Writer/Administrator will also administer the awards, ensuring compliance with guidelines, regulations, and appropriate policies.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an arts and sciences or business discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in grant writing, research and development
- Experience in higher education and corporate and foundation relations preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- A record of successful experience in research, development and preparation of corporate, foundation, government and other proposals for funding.
- A strong understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures in the proposal and grant application process.
- Knowledge of compliance issues associated with laws, regulations, and policies related to grants.
- Demonstrated understanding of budgets, and ability to interpret budgets to faculty and university community.
- Knowledge of processes and timelines of governmental, foundation and other sources of funding.
- Ability to coordinate and assist grant writing activities with faculty and staff at SUA and to conduct workshops and other activities to encourage grant activities.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal communication, and problem solving skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret and analyze quantitative data.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence and reports.
- Strong skills in proofreading and editing. Must be detail-orientated.
- Ability to maintain accurate filing system and records.
- Capacity to work well independently and with a team in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities, projects and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America offers a competitive benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history/requirements and three professional references to:
Re: Grant Writer/Administrator
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.