Human Resources Assistant (closed)
Date Posted: 09/19/2014
Soka University of America is seeking a Human Resources Assistant for a one year contract to provide customer service to faculty, staff, students, job applicants and the general public about all aspects of the work of the Human Resources Area which may include policies, procedures and benefits. The HR Assistant will perform various administrative and technical support duties for the HR Area. The assistant will handle telephone inquiries, check and distribute mail, write and prepare letters, reports, memos for final distribution including editing, proofreading and formatting, order office supplies, support accounting processes, enter data into the HR Information System, perform research, maintain HR files, update HR website, provide assistance with new hire orientation and provide general administrative support to the Director of Human Resources.
Candidates should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- One to two years of general office/administrative experience.
- Previous experience in HR preferred.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Sharepoint and other Microsoft applications.
- Web experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence and reports.
- Strong skills in proofreading and editing.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, to prioritize work and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity regarding diversity, cultural traditions, language barriers, and multicultural issues.
- Must have proven ability to maintain and handle confidential matters with diplomacy and discretion.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary range will be $30,000 - $35,000 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America also offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Katherine M. King, PHR Director of Human Resources
Re: HR Assistant Soka University of America
1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.