- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Manager of Admission Operations
Date Posted: 04/07/2014
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks a Full-Time Manager of Admission Operations. The Manager of Admission Operations is responsible for maintaining the overall admission area operation including; supervising professional staff, ensuring the timely input of application data into the universities data management system (People Soft), handling and processing of application-related documents, prepare reports for statistical analysis and managing communication plans.
The Manager will work closely with the Director of Enrollment Services to develop a strong admission policy and ensure a seamless experience for applicants as they proceed through the admissions cycle. This individual will ensure that the Admission Operation team has consistent routines, protocols surrounding daily activities, and will partner heavily with the enrollment service offices regarding reporting needs and admissions workflow processes.
The Manager will have primary oversight over a unit dedicated to the operational aspects of the admissions application process. The person selected will work closely with the Information Technology department to continue to develop, enhance and build operational efficiencies by translating the admissions unit’s needs into workable solutions. Duties will include, but are not limited to, working with a diverse applicant pool, document storage system, paperless systems, assessing the functionality of the various application systems and data flow.
The Manager will have discretion over streamlining processes, aligning applicant needs and maintaining third party partnerships. This individual must have excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a fast paced metric driven environment. The Manager must also be open to working a flexible work schedule that includes some seasonal evening and weekend hours.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required or a Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in the field of admissions operations.
- Experience managing professional staff highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable about best practices within the university admission field.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases within PeopleSoft, The Common Application, Intelligence, College Net, On Base, word processing, statistics, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Access, and other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to analyze data and generate both list and statistical analysis reports using queries and Crystal reporting features.
- Ability to utilize a complex admission record keeping function.
- Ability to interact well with applicants and parents by phone, email and postal mail.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, as well as a variety of outside organizations.
- Ability to receive and carry out direction.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Manager of Admission Operations Soka University of America 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.