- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Manager of Admission Operations (Reopened)
Date Posted: 04/03/2013
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks a Full-Time Manager of Admission Operations. The manager will have primary oversight over a unit dedicated to the operational aspects of the admissions application process. The Manager will ensure a seamless experience for applicants as they proceed through the admissions cycle from the applicant stage to student enrollment. The person selected will work closely with the Information Technology department to continue to develop, enhance and build operational efficiencies by translating the admission unit’s needs into workable solutions.
Through continual evaluation of the various internal admissions processes and by conducting industry research, the Manager of Admission Operations will assess the system needs on a continual basis. Duties will include, but are not limited to, working with a diverse applicant pool, document storage system, paperless systems, assessing the functionality of the various application systems and University wide integrations. The Manager will work closely with the Director of Enrollment Services to develop strong admission policy enforcement processes. This individual will manage and ensure that the Admission Operation team has consistent routines, protocols and processes surrounding daily and quarterly activities and will partner heavily with other Enrollment Service units regarding communication and reporting needs.
The Manager will work closely with various Enrollment Services staff to develop yearly and quarterly admission deadlines for both domestic and international prospective students in order to effectively and efficiently manage admissions workflows. The Manager will also ensure international application processing is aligned with international student regulations by maintaining a strong partnership with the International Student Services area. This individual will also partner with Student Financial Services and the Registrar’s Office in order to increase efficiencies and create strong alignment with our integrated systems. The Manager will have discretion on streamlining processes, aligning applicant needs and maintaining third party partnerships. The position requires a flexible work schedule that includes some early evening and weekend hours.
Successful Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (required) or Master’s degree in a related field (preferred).
- Minimum of three years experience in the field of admissions operations.
- Experience in report development and analytics.
- Proficiency using personal computer systems and utilizing various databases and office applications (Experience using People Soft highly desirable).
- Ability to manage a complex communication plan and admission record keeping function.
- Knowledgeable about best practices within the university admission field.
- Strong technical, operational, process, protocol and management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, as well as a variety of outside organizations.
- Ability to receive and carry out direction.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize written and verbal communication.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Manager of Admission Operations Soka University of America 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 or E-mail: email@example.com
Soka University is an equal opportunity employer