Manager of Financial Aid
Date Posted: 05/23/2013
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Services, this person is responsible for managing university's overall financial aid operation, including the input of data into the university's central database, and evaluating and/or developing comprehensive communications for both undergraduate and graduate students. The Manager of Financial Aid will continuously assess the daily functions of the financial aid office including the handling and processing of all financial aid applications, training and evaluation of professional staff, analyzing data, preparing annual fiscal reports and ensuring compliance of Federal, State, and Institutional financial aid policies and regulations.
- A Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Title IV, federal and state financial aid regulations.
- Must have strong technology skills and have the ability to work within a complex financial aid record keeping database(s) in order to prepare fiscal reports and maintain historical data.
- Experience in financial aid modeling and scholarship distribution scenarios.
- Track record of excellent customer service and financial aid counseling skills.
- Experience working with auditors, federal regulators and financial aid program development and evaluation.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other staff members, administrators, faculty, students, parents, lenders and the general public.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and other Microsoft applications. (PeopleSoft experience preferred)
- Creative problem solver and possess exceptional critical thinking skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Manager of Financial Aid Soka University of America 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 or E-mail: email@example.com
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.