- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Manager of Financial Aid
Date Posted: 09/20/2011
Soka University of America seeks a Manager of Financial Aid. The Manager is responsible for supervising and managing financial aid data operations, including the input of data into PeopleSoft (PS). Manages the daily functions and operations of the Financial Aid office including handling and processing of all financial aid applications. The Manager also administers Federal, State, and Institutional financial aid programs including scholarships and ensures the regulatory compliance of all financial aid programs. Develops, updates and maintains the financial aid application, both online and hard copy. Responsible for updating the financial aid policies and procedures manual. Analyzes data and prepares periodic reports for the campus community, federal, state and outside agencies.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three years experience in financial aid at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Excellent working knowledge of Title IV policies and procedures.
- Experience in modeling financial aid and scholarship distribution scenarios.
- Ability to work within a complex financial aid record-keeping functions; and to prepare and maintain statistical data.
- Track record of excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and people skills.
- Experience working with auditors and/or federal regulators.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other staff members, administrators, faculty, students, parents, lenders and the general public.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and other Microsoft applications.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Creative problem solver and possess exceptional critical thinking skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources
Re: Manager of Financial Aid
Soka University of America
1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University is an equal opportunity employer