Men's Assistant Soccer Coach (closed)
Date Posted: 06/18/2014
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks a Men’s Assistant Soccer Coach. The Assistant Soccer Coach will help the Head Men’s and Women’s Soccer Coach in all aspects of the men’s soccer program. The primary responsibility will be to act as the Men’s Soccer Recruiting Coordinator. The Assistant Coach will be responsible for all aspects of the recruitment of quality student-athletes who will be a good fit for the program, including but not limited to mailings, phone calls, and personal visits.
Other duties will include; design and implement off-season and in-season training programs; travel and coach during competitions; focus on student-athlete retention, including monitoring academic progress; participate in program fundraising activities and program/department community outreach activities; assist in hosting home contests at the college; assist Head Coach with administrative duties such as scheduling, travel and budget; facilitate the personal development of student-athletes by focusing on areas like values and ethics; represent the university and team in a professional manner at all times.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A Bachelors degree or an advance degree in a related area from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years recent experience managing/coordinating camps or clinics.
- Minimum of three years experience in supervising instructional staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of students and staff.
- Commitment to mutual respect, service orientation, multiculturalism and diversity, community service and institutional excellence.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and leadership skills.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Recent professional experience in coaching at the collegiate level or beyond.
- An established record of success in the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- A clear record of success and commitment to the academic progress of their student-athletes.
- Experience managing summer activities and youth sports instruction.
- NCAA, USATF and/or Coach Associations memberships.
- High ethical, moral and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2014. To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Men’s Assistant Soccer Coach Soka University of America 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.