Graduate Admission Counselor - Closed
Date Posted: 10/01/2014
Soka University of America is seeking a Graduate Admission Counselor to help support the continued enrollment growth of the university’s Graduate School. Under the Director of Enrollment Services and in collaboration with Graduate School Faculty this individual will assume a dynamic role in implementing a strategic graduate recruitment plan.
Soka University of America (SUA), a small, selective, private liberal arts university located in Southern California and recently launched in the fall of 2014 a new MA Program in Educational Leadership and Societal Change. The mission of the program is to provide graduate-level students with broad interdisciplinary knowledge, research skills, and practical experience for cutting-edge leadership decision making in an all-inclusive world of education.
The Graduate Admission Counselor will represent the Graduate School by making presentations to prospective students on a local and national level. The counselor will also advise prospective students regarding admission procedures through phone, email, and in person appointments; represent the University at college fairs, conduct targeted campus site visits, build relationships with program directors and career counselors; participate in campus-wide recruitment events; assist in the preparation of recruitment materials and track progress of applicants. This individual is required to participate in seasonal weekend and evening work hours; perform administrative tasks related to job responsibilities and help facilitate recruitment projects that assist with the long term development of the Graduate Schools enrollment.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field required; Master’s Degree preferred .
- A minimum of 3 years admissions and enrollment experience with an emphasis on graduate level programs at a college of university. A background in counseling or advising students is preferred.
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding established goals as a well as interpersonal and community relations skills.
- Knowledge of the use of technology in the recruitment process.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, ability to travel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think and move independently and creatively while maintaining close communication with management.
- Ability to receive and carry out direction.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other members of Enrollment Services and the campus community when needed.
- Requires demonstrated ability to operate with limited supervision and effectively manage their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and different experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases within PeopleSoft, word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Graduate Admission Counselor Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.