%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Language Lab Coordinator - Revised
Date Posted: 10/09/2012
Soka University of America is seeking a part-time Language Lab Coordinator. The Language Lab Coordinator provides technical support for language instruction and learning, and will report to the Director of the Language and Culture Program. The workload will be approximately 15 – 20 hours per week.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- At least three years of experience coordinating activities or programs such as learning laboratories, and instructional computer technology.
- Manage all Language Lab (Lab) operations
- Evaluate, assess, and integrate new technology into Lab to support mission of the Language and Culture Program (LCP)
- Create documents, guides, manuals, and tutorials for Lab programs
- Administer and proctor foreign language assessments for the LCP and Study Abroad (STAMP test)
- Communicate with the Director of the LCP, faculty, and students as required
- Input all users into lab content management system (CMS)
- Assign and maintain faculty and student passwords for access to our Content Management System CMS (CAN-8)
- Obtain necessary copyright permissions from appropriate publishers for all materials used in the lab
- Serve as primary support person for faculty concerning all matters pertaining to Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
- Respond to LCP faculty needs regarding the use of technology as a tool for language instruction
- Create tutorials for and user guides for faculty on use of CMS
- Train faculty on use of CMS multimedia features, especially CAN-8
- Serve as liaison between Soka University and outside test vendors (e.g., STAMP test)
- Ensure that the lab systems remains fully functional
- Maintain all hardware and software (esp. Content Management System)
- Diagnose machines that are not functional
- Solve hardware and software problems as required
- Work directly with hardware and software vendors regarding technical matters
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history/requirements and three professional references to:
Re: Language Lab Coordinator
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.