Pole Vault and Track and Field Coach
Date Posted: 9/13/16
This is a part-time, seasonal position. Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics and the direct supervision of the Head Coach of Track and Field, this coach oversees all phases of training for respective athletes, is an ambassador for SUA athletics and aids in recruiting and PR for both men and women in the sport of track and field (indoor and outdoor) at Soka University of America.
Primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare athletes for all aspects of competition in both men and women’s track and field.
- Ability to teach event specific skills in the jumping, throwing and vaulting events.
- Flexibility to assist where needed and support athletes from various levels of experience.
- Attend all scheduled meets and assist with transportation of athletes and implements.
- Attend and assist with team meetings, banquets and commemorative events as well as the planning of home meets.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting athletically and academically viable students to the University.
- Provide athletes with year-round training programs that include both a strength plan and a conditioning plan.
- Advise student-athletes in all phases of preparation and competition including event specialties, strength and conditioning, mental preparedness, etc.
- Maintain a high level of discipline/expectation for the student-athletes representing the University in collegiate competition.
- Operate within the confines of NAIA bylaws for recruiting, eligibility and competition.
- Prepare and apply appropriate practice plans.
- Participate in community outreach programs and public speaking on behalf of the institution.
- Communicate with head coach regarding development of athletes, needs of athletes, and readiness.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and current CPR/First Aid certification is required.
- Professional certifications are highly encouraged.
- Recent professional experience in coaching at the high school, collegiate level or beyond
- Competitive experience as a multi-event athlete
- Experience coaching the jumps, throws and vaulting events
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of students and staff
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and leadership skills
Review of candidates will begin immediately and conclude when position is filled. Employment is contingent upon the completion of a successful background check.
To apply send a letter of interest, resume, three professional references to: Human Resources, Re: Multi-Events Track & Field Coach, Soka University of America, 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, E-mail: email@example.com