Working On Campus

Employment Eligibility

Unless restricted by prgoram requirements, all students are eligible for all on campus jobs, regardless of their financial status. International students (non-resident aliens) may not work off campus unless they have applied for and received work authorization from the United States government. (An F-1 visa does not give work authorization.) Off campus work study positions are available only to U.S. citizens on financial aid with a federal work study component.

All students are required to complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form and a W-4 federal tax withholding form at the Student Employment Office after they've been offered employment but before they begin working.

The below link provides a list of acceptable documents (mandated by the Department of Homeland Security) necessary to complete the I-9 form.  Please note that the documents you choose to provide must be unexpired and we must see them in their original form; photocopies cannot be accepted. Bring these documents with you when you come to the Student Employment Office to complete this paperwork. Students cannot work or be paid until this paperwork has been completed.

Instructions for I-9

How to apply for a Job

All on-campus jobs, off-campus jobs, and internships will be posted on College Central Network. If you don't have access yet, then Robyn Dizes, Manager of Career Services, or Vanessa Rubinfeld, Career Counselor, will send you your login information to access College Central Network in your Soka e-mail. If you do have access, log in using your Soka username and password. This would be the same username and password you use when logging into your Outlook account. When you are inside of College Central, click on "My School's Jobs". The list will be vast and will include jobs and internships for off campus as well. To narrow your search for on campus jobs only, type OCSE (which is for On Campus Student Employment) on View Jobs by Keyword and it will show you only the on campus jobs. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at extension 4168 or email me at

Hour Limitations

All student employees are limited to working no more than 20 hours per week during the academic year (this includes exam periods). However, students can work up to 40 hours per week when school is not in session. Students can also only have one on-campus job during the academic school year. During the summer, students can have more than one job. 

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions if you have inquiries!