Applying for an F-1 Student Visa

To enter this country, you will need a visa from the United Staes government.  Non-immigrant student visas allow a foreigner to pursue education in the United Staets.  F-1 visasa are only issued at US embassies and consulates outside the United States.

Immediately after you receive your I-20 form from Soka University of America, it is important to make an appointment with a US visa-issuing Embassy/Consular post closest to your home in order to apply for your visa.  In order to receive your Visa before the program begins, it is important to make your appointment immediately after you receive your I-20 from Soka University.


Before going to the US Embassy/Consulate, you will need to pay a SEVIS fee.


To apply for a visa, Take the following documents with you to the nearest United States Consulate.

  1. Passport (which must be valid for up to six months from the date you apply for a visa)
  2. Form I-20 issued by Soka University
  3. SEVIS fee payment confirmation
  4. Proof of adequate financial support for your studies and living expenses (either your bank statement or Soka University of America's financial aid award letter)
  5. School transcripts