A Message from our Athletic Director, Mike Moore:
For the Official Athletics Website of Soka University
Soka University of America is a private Liberal Arts institution and is a member of the NAIA and Association of Independent Institutions. The intercollegiate athletic program is integral to the institution and enhances the overall quality of the educational experience. Athletic excellence includes a focus on the student-athlete’s academics and graduation. We strive to recruit, train, compete, and graduate student-athletes who can take the character traits developed through teamwork, time management, leadership, discipline, and organizational skills into their future careers.
Athletics & Recreation student learning outcomes are:
- To understand that athletics, recreation, and leisure activities are important to a well-balanced lifestyle and integral to life-long learning
- To understand the value of practice and training, discipline and goal-setting, and competition and sportsmanship
- To enhance their health, wellness, and athletic ability
- To enhance their personal integrity, responsibility, and maturity
- To develop leadership skills in the context of a team and positive relationships with coaches
- To acquire skills in how to live an organized life and manage time, how to handle adversity and success, and how to represent SUA to others
- To become civically engaged through community service
SUA Athletics seeks to become a premier NAIA athletic program on a national level. We will accomplish this by offering our student-athletes the highest quality athletic experience available at any small college in the United States, providing fair and competitive opportunities. We will achieve that excellence by maintaining the highest quality facilities, coaching, and support for all of our athletic teams.
Feel free to browse the rest of the site for further information. We think you’ll agree that SUA has all the makings of an excellent intercollegiate athletics program, and we hope you’ll visit us soon to talk about your potential as a Lion. Until then, good luck on the field, court, track, or in the pool, and continued success in the classroom!
Director of Athletics
Soka University of America
Lions Social Den
Follow @Soka_Athletics on Twitter
Follow @SokaAthletics on Instagram
Follow Soka University Athletics on Facebook
Pin along with Soka Athletics on Pinterest
And and make sure you use #SOKAGRAM when supporting your Soka University Lions
ABOUT THE CAL PAC
The California Pacific Conference, one of the most diverse leagues in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics is now the largest NAIA conference in the West. Twelve members strong with 11 championship sports, all with direct qualification into national championship contention, the Cal Pac is also a perennial Five Star Conference of Character.