ALUMNI PROFILE"I try to live the vision of Soka. My life would be worthless if it wasn't dedicated to world peace and caring for other people." More
Class of 2006
SUA's 3rd Annual Lu'au presented by Ka'Pilina Ho'olokahi and Bon AppetitDate: 04.06.2012
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: Campus Green Outdoor Stage
Ka Pilina Ho'olokahi is the Polynesian/Hawaii Club on campus at Soka University. Our 3rd annual lu'au is a cultural activity aimed at sharing the Hawaiian Culture with students and the community. Performances of different Polynesian dances will begin at 6:15 p.m.
Lu’au Menu, The All You Can Eat Buffet will be catered by Bon Appetit:
Salad Table: Green Salad, Edamame, Roasted Vegetables, Vegetable Sushi Roll with Wasabi & Soy
Entrée Tables: Whole Roasted Pig, Korean BBQ Ribs, Fried Rice, Sticky Rice, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Chicken Long Rice
Dessert Table: Hawaiian Themed Cake, Macaroons, Haupia (traditional Hawaiian dessert), Fresh Tropical Fruit, plus - Pina Colada Smoothie Station
Pre-sale Tickets Day of the Event Tickets
Adults: $ 15.00 Adults: $ 18.00
Children: $ 7.50 Children: $ 9.00
Free for Soka Students with valid I.D.
Easy steps to purchasing Lu'au presale tickets:
1. Mail your check payable to Ka'Pilina Ho'olokahi with your name, phone number, mailing address, and number of tickets you would like to purchase (adult and children), before March 28th, to:
Soka University of America
1 University Drive #1075
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
2. Once we receive your check, we will send you a confirmation email from email@example.com indicating we have received your payment and then your presale tickets will be mailed to the address you provided!
Cash accepted the night of the lu'au.
Soulwings will also be singing before the 6:15 p.m. program.
Ka'Pilina Ho'olokahi music and performances:
- A ia la o pele (Traditional Kahiko)
- Ke Alaula (Hula)
- Officer dance (TBD)
- Hu'i e (Hula with Puili's and Uliuli's)
- Haka (Maori chant)
- Taiko Tahitian (Collaboration with Josho Daiko)
- Slow Tahitian
- Poi Balls
- Otea (fast Tahitian)
This event has been a huge success in the past and we welcome the community to wear their best Aloha attire and jackets!
Subscribe to Soka News, our monthly email about upcoming events on campus Map and Directions