Every year thousands of North Koreas make the dangerous journey across the border to escape oppression and poverty. In March of 2005, Danny was one of them.
Danny crossed into China and escaped a life of indoctrination, routine public executions, and starvation. As Danny traveled, he saw a world he never knew existed. A world where movement was not monitored by the government
, information was readily available, and most importantly at the time, there was enough food to fill his empty belly.
This documentary is sponsored by Residential Life at Soka University
Presented by LiNK - Liberty in North Korea
- a global movement standing with the North Korean PEOPLE as they face one of the biggest challenges confronting humanity today.
What LiNK does:
Rescuing & Empowering PEOPLE.
- Refugee Rescues through a 3,000 mile underground railroad.
- Resettlement Support
- Tours and Events: Sending passionate young adults all over North America to high schools, colleges and communities, building and activating support
- Rescue Teams are the local leaders of our MOVEMENT in hundreds of communities around the world. 100% of the funds raised by Rescue Teams are used on rescue missions.
Research & Strategy with the PEOPLE.
- Refugee Insights: Work on understanding on the challenges the North Korean people face and the changes in North Korean society. This informs our approach and vision on this issue.
- Media Engagement: Sharing the stories of the PEOPLE and their POTENTIAL to drive change.