- Student Life Overview
- Message From The Dean of Students
- Recreation, Intramurals and Outdoor Adventure Series
- Student Activities
- Student Services
- New Student Orientation
- Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Policy and Procedures
- Clery Act Crime Report
- Campus Security
- Student Affairs Staff
About Residential Life
The mission of the Office of Residential Life at Soka University of America, Aliso Viejo is to support residents in cultivating a meaningful living-learning community and to provide a purposeful experiential program fostering student leadership where residents develop life and interpersonal skills, self-responsibility, and an appreciation for diversity.
Soka University of America recognizes the value of establishing a culture of learning throughout the university campus. As a residential campus, Soka students are provided with distinctive accommodations within a unique residence hall setting. Unlike a "dormitory" offering primarily sleep quarters, the residence halls are a dynamic environment offering living and learning opportunities for residents to share intellectual and educational goals and grow through community engagement, interpersonal relationships and social interaction within a diverse community.
Soka's Residential Community is...
- A community with purpose. A place to study and prepare for classes and an engaging community where meaningful relationships are formed.
- An open and inclusive community where freedom of thought and expression are valued and citizens are respect.
- A disciplined community where all members of the commu¬nity are entitled to safety, cleanliness, quiet, and privacy.
- A place of compassion where each resident can have a significant impact in the lives of others and within the hall.