Anna Varvak, PhD
Faculty - Full-Time
- PhD Mathematics, Brandeis University
- MS Mathematics, Brandeis University
- BS Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Liberal Arts Math
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Core: Enduring Questions
- Math education
- Applied statistics
- Calef, M. P., A. Varvak, A. D. McGuire, F. S. Chapin III, and K. B. Reinhold. "Recent changes in annual area burned in Interior Alaska: the impact of fire management." Earth Interactions 19, no. 5 (2015): 1-17.
- Varvak, Anna. "Encoding properties of Łukasiewics paths." In Proceedings of the 13th WSEAS international conference on Applied mathematics, pp. 135-143. World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS), 2008.
- Varvak, Anna. "Lattice path encodings in a combinatorial proof of a differential identity." Discrete Mathematics 308, no. 23 (2008): 5834-5840.
- Varvak, Anna. "Rook numbers and the normal ordering problem." Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A 112, no. 2 (2005): 292-307.
- 2010—present, Associate Professor of Mathematics, Soka University of America
- 2004—2010, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Soka University of America