Joel Widzer, PsyD
I have consulted with consumer-facing companies recommending enhanced methods for retaining consumers and increasing their share of spending. I helped one major airline improve its loyalty program by adding a fourth published loyalty tier and an invitation-only member program, increasing spending through each level. I assisted a large U.S. base hotelier design a sleep program including room features to help travelers combat travel fatigue. I have spoken at several travel industry conferences. I published my first book in 1999.
- PsyD Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Alliant University Marshall Goldsmith School of Management, Alliant University
- BS Business Administration, Pepperdine University
- Introduction to Psychology PSYCH 100-01
- Advanced Topics in Psychology PSYCH 390-02
- Workplace stress and fatigue related to long haul travel
- The Penny Pincher's Passport to Luxury Travel: The Art of Cultivating Preferred Customer Status, (Travelers’ Tales, San Francisco, CA; 1999, 2004, 2008).
- Airline Payment Summit, Toronto Canada
- Bain & Company, Panel Expert, Airline Loyalty Research Customer Loyalty Seminar for Airline Executives, Nice, France
- Customer Retention of Business Travelers in the Airline Industry, United States International University Executive Travel: Utilizing Corporate Jets to Reduce Fatigue, Global Business
- Los Angeles Travel Show
- San Francisco Business Coalition Round Table, San Francisco Texas Business Travel Conference, Austin Texas
- Theoretical Perspective on Travel Fatigue, Academy of International Business UCLA Festival of Books, Los Angeles