3 Easy Ways To Buy Tickets
1. Purchase online by:
- Clicking one of the buttons above!
-Click on the Buy Tickets button if you're ready to purchase tickets
-Click on the Buy Package button if you're ready to buy a package
-Click on the Create Your Own Series button if you're ready to bundle a minimum of 4 events and SAVE 20% OR MORE
-Returning customers can click on the MyTickets Account button to log in to their account
- To see our full listing of events, click on the PERFORMING ARTS EVENTS tab on the left navigation sidebar.
-Select the event you want to learn more about
-Click on the Buy Tickets button at the bottom of the event page when you're ready to purchase
2. Visit the Box Office: Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Box Office is also open one hour prior to scheduled performance times on performance days. Closed on major holidays.
- Our Box Office is located on the southeast side of the Performing Arts Center building on the Soka University campus at 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656.
3. Order by Phone: 949.480.4ART (4278)
- Leave a clear voice message when Box Office is closed.
- Have this information ready: promotional offers or coupon codes, the event for which you want tickets, number of patrons in your party and whether any require ADA/accessible seating, your full name and phone number, and your payment method.
Online Ticket Service
To order tickets, visit the specific event page on our Calendar of Events pages. At the bottom of each event page, click on the Buy Tickets button to go to the online shopping cart to choose your seats and price level. The online shopping cart system is operated by Tickets.com. You may choose print at home e-tickets (free option), or to have your tickets mailed ($2.00/order), or held at Will Call (free option). For iPhone & Android phone owners, you can now have your tickets delivered to your phone!
Returning customers log in to your My Tickets account.
Ticket Mailing & Pickups
Unless the e-ticket or will call option has been selected, tickets ordered more than ten days in advance of the performance can be mailed by request for a fee of $2.00 per shipped order. All other ticket orders will be held at the box office window for pick up on the day of the performance.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for telephone and online sales orders.
Cash and checks are accepted when purchasing tickets in person at the box office window. Patrons with returned checks will be charged a fee of $25. Soka Performing Arts Center reserves the right to not accept checks on the day of an event.
All ticket processing fees are included in the ticket price for events presented by Soka Performing Arts Center and Soka University of America. Tickets sold on behalf of other users or groups that are not a part of Soka University of America will incur a per ticket fee based on the ticket price as set forth in our agreement with Tickets.com.
Please note: Fees for mailing tickets ($2.00/order) is separate from processing fees, and are incurred for every order where Mail-delivery is selected.
If you would prefer to call to order, please contact us at...
(949) 480-4ART (4278)
Box Office hours:
Monday - Friday: 10 am to 2 pm
Box Office will be open 1 hour prior to scheduled performance times on performance days.
For a detailed map of seating placement in the Soka Performing Arts Center Concert Hall, click the link HERE.
Caution: Third-Party Ticket Alert:
Soka Performing Arts Center can not be responsible for tickets purchased from a third party broker or online reseller. Please purchase your tickets only from Soka Performing Arts Center or Tickets.com.
Tickets purchased from a third-party cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. We can not contact you regarding possible changes to the performance and you may pay much more than the ticket's face value. We can not guarantee that your tickets are valid and may not be able to guarantee admittance. Help us to serve you by only purchasing from Soka Performing Arts Center.
- All sales are final: No refunds will be provided. In the event of cancellation and the event is not rescheduled, refunds will be made available to patrons, or tickets may be exchanged for an event or performance similar in type and cost, subject to availability.
- Exchanges: Exchanges will be made up to 24 hours prior to performance. Exchanges will not be made 1 hour before a performance. You may exchange tickets for another event or performance of a similar type and cost, subject to availability. Each exchange is subject to a $3 fee per ticket, plus any difference in price.
- Who Needs A Ticket: Every person entering the theater needs a ticket, regardless of age. Lap-sitting (in lieu of a ticket) for infants or small children is not permitted.
PLEASE NOTE: Artists, programs, dates and times subject to change. Special offers and discounts are only available for new ticket purchases.
THE DAY OF THE SHOW
- Arrive Early: Please plan to arrive at the theater early enough to park your car and find your seats. It is advised that you be at your seats at least 10 minutes before curtain time to avoid missing any of the performance. Late seating may not be permitted for some shows and/or is at the complete discretion of Center Management.
- Drop Offs: A street-level drop-off area is available on University Circle, adjacent to the building. A near-by elevator provides access up to the Center’s “Plaza Level” passing the Box Office en route to the main Lobby Doors.
- Will Call: The Will Call window is located at the Box Office on the Plaza Level next to the Main Entrance. It is advised that you arrive at Will Call at least one half hour prior to curtain time. Please be ready to provide the Box Office with the name under which the tickets were ordered, how the tickets were purchased, and the performance name and date if picking up tickets for a future performance. For your protection, you may be asked to present the credit card you used to purchase the tickets and/or a photo ID.
For information regarding accessibility, click the link HERE.
Late Seating: To prevent disruption of a performance in progress, latecomers or patrons who have not entered the theatre when the performance begins, will be asked to wait in the lobby until there is a suitable interval in the performance to accommodate late seating.
Children: We welcome children, however, not all of our events are appropriate for small children. A paid ticket is required for everyone entering the theatre, including infants and children. Lap-sitting (in lieu of a ticket) for infants or small children is not permitted. The box office can provide advice regarding an event's suitability for children. (949) 480-4ART (4278)
Cameras and recording equipment: The taking of photos or use of any mechanical or digital recording devices is strictly prohibited.
Cellular phones, beepers, watch alarms: As a courtesy to all patrons, please turn these units to off or non-audible before the performance begins.