Soka Performing Arts Center
Dear Patrons -
Soka Performing Arts Center is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving events surrounding the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and considers the health and well-being of our patrons, artists and employees with the highest priority.
In light of the recent directive from the California governor, and the escalating issues related to COVID-19, all shows for the rest of the season have been postponed until our 20-21 season. These events include:
- Yefim Bronfman: March 29 - rescheduled to Dec. 6, 2020
- Pacific Symphony: April 5 - rescheduled to Oct. 25, 2020
- Rocky Dawuni: April 11 - reschedule TBD
- Arlo Guthrie: April 18 - rescheduled to Sept. 20, 2020
- Hub New Music: April 26 - reschedule TBD
- Beatrice Rana: May 16 - CANCELLED
We are in contact with artists and artist agencies working to reschedule dates. This is now done in the context of entire tours being rescheduled within the ever-changing health guidelines set by countries around the world. We will announce the new dates of postponed shows as they get confirmed.
IF YOU ARE HOLDING TICKETS TO POSTPONED EVENTS YOUR TICKETS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE VALID FOR THE RESCHEDULED DATE IN THE 20-21 SEASON.
You have several choices on how to handle your tickets for postponed shows:
- Keep the tickets for the new date. No action is required for this choice. Your same seats will be transferred automatically to the new date in the 2020-2021 season.
- Refund tickets for the original purchase price – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive an account credit for the original purchase price, able to be utilized on any performance.
Our physical Box Office on campus is closed to walk up service until further notice.
Our staff is working remotely to protect everyone’s health and safety. However, our Box Office Staff is able to answer emails, and respond to messages left at the Box Office phone number within 24-48 hours.
The preferred method of communication with our Box Office is through email at email@example.com, and will be the fastest method of receiving a reply. You may leave a message at the Box Office at 949-480-4ART (4278), however, please note that due to current circumstances, call volume and length of wait-time for a response has increased dramatically.
Thank you all for your understanding of our efforts to keep everyone safe at this time. We truly appreciate each one of you, and hope you stay healthy and well during this unprecedented time in our history. We are resilient. In theatre we have a tradition – whenever the theater is empty, we leave one light on, called the Ghost Light. There are many stories about its origin, but its meaning is unmistakable. It means that though the theater is empty, WE WILL RETURN. There are many Ghost Lights on right now, in venues around the world, but they are temporary placeholders.
We will return.
Stay well, and we look forward to a wonderful season in 2020-2021.
Soka Performing Arts Center