The SUA Emergency Loan Program is available to all students in the event of financial emergency.
Students may borrow up to $300. Emergency loans must be repaid within 90 days of issue or by the end of the academic year, whichever is sooner. Loans are not available within the last 30 days of the academic year.
All loans are subject to a $10 processing fee. All loan payments are subject to a $20 late charge.
- Student must be enrolled in classes at SUA for an active session.
- Student does not have an outstanding emergency loan or a negative repayment history on a previous emergency loan.
- Student has not written SUA a dishonored check.
- Student does not have any past due balance to SUA including tuition payments.
- Loans are limited to one per academic session.
Student must complete all areas of the loan application, prints and signs. Applications along with a student ID are to be brought to Accounts Receivable/ Student Accounts Office in Founders Hall, 2nd Floor. All repayments should be made at the Accounts Receivable/ Student Accounts Office.
If the application is submitted by 12:00 p.m. (noon), it will be processed the same day. If the application is submitted after 12:00 p.m. (noon), it will be submitted for following-day processing. Students may pick up their check and student ID at the Accounts Receivable/Student Accounts Office after 12:00 p.m. (noon) one day after processing.
In the case of delinquent loans, a hold will be placed on all student records. The student will be placed on registration hold and will not be eligible for future loans.