Debbie Goss, PhD
Faculty - Adjunct
- PhD, Composition and Applied Linguistics, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- MA, TESOL, Soka University of America Graduate School
- BA, Foreign Languages and Education, Lewis and Clark College
- Writing and Communication Skills 101
- Core: Enduring Questions of Humanity
- Learning Cluster: Advancing the SDGs!
- Extended Bridge Program
- Grammar and Writing
- Literature and Vocabulary
- Academic Vocabulary
- Academic Composition/Reading
- Writing Pedagogy
- Ikeda/Soka Studies
- Global Citizenship Education
- Writing Center Studies
- Action Research
- First-Year Composition
- Goss, D. (2021). Writing for Clean Water and Sanitation: Accelerating Momentum Toward the UN Sustainable Development Goals Through Action Research. Prompt: A Journal of Academic Writing Assignments, 5(1), 42–53. https://doi.org/10.31719/pjaw.v5i1.76
- Goss, D. (2020). Review of Radical Writing Center Praxis: A Paradigm for Ethical Political Engagement by Laura Greenfield. Praxis: A Writing Center Journal, 17(3). http://dx.doi.org/10.26153/tsw/9575
- Goss, D., Aduloju, O., & Amoah, J. (2021, April 9). Engaging with the Wikipedia community to ‘face the facts’: Water access in Africa [Poster presentation]. Conference on College Composition and Communication. https://cccc.ncte.org/cccc-convention-schedule/
- Goss, D., Asano, T., & Hirano, Y. (2020, February 15-16). Let’s be real: Facing fears and embracing differences. [Conference Workshop Session]. 16th Soka Education Conference, Aliso Viejo, CA, United States. https://sites.soka.edu/SESRP/16th-soka-education-conference/
- Goss, D. (2019, August). How do rhetoric, composition, and writing studies faculty engage Wikipedia? A scaled survey of attitudes and uses. [Poster Presentation]. Summer Research Conference: Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA, United States. https://www.iup.edu/news-item.aspx?id=274899&blogid=5693&utm_campaign=iup_daily&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_source=iup_daily&utm_content=2019-05-21&fbclid=IwAR0GjMeJwslN4-CXuMeizI6ZxqGQK3BcHbGSj4xRBEIQlJFe7wR28u-JlNE
- Goss, D. (2018) Integrating a global citizenship ethos in the first-year composition course [Presentation]. Indiana University of Pennsylvania Presentation. Indiana, PA, United States.
- Goss, D. (2018). What is a great teacher? [Conference Session]. Great Teachers Seminar, Lake Arrowhead, CA, United States.
- Goss, D. (2017). Applying high engagement strategies to student learning outcome assessment [Conference Session]. AVID Peer Academy, Saddleback College, Mission Viejo, CA, United States.
- Goss, D., & Gilbert, A. (2017, October 20). Boosting 21st century teaching and learning skills with AVID. [Conference Session]. CATESOL Annual Conference, Santa Clara, CA, United States. https://catesol2017.sched.com/
- Goss, D., & Gregory, E. (2017, April 12). Transformative pedagogy through rhetorical awareness [Conference Session]. Teaching Developing Writers, Mission Viejo, CA, United States.
- Goss, D. (2008, October 25). World Englishes. [Conference Session]. CATESOL Regional Conference. La Mirada, CA, United States. http://now.biola.edu/news/article/2008/oct/23/biola-hosts-regional-education-conference-and-welc/
- Council of Writing Program Administrators 2022 National Conference July 6-8: full scholarship Grant Recipient
- International Writing Center Association Summer Institute, June 6-10 Grant Recipient 2022
- Ikeda Center for Peace, Learning, and Dialogue Dissertation Fellowship Grant 2020-2022
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania Research Experience for Summer Scholars (RESS) Award 2019: “How do Rhetoric, Composition, and Writing Studies Faculty Engage Wikipedia? A Scaled Survey of Attitudes and Uses”
- Saddleback College President’s Award for Distinguished Service 2016-2017
- Soka University of America Merit Scholarship Award 2008-2009