Daisaku Ikeda College
Liberal Arts at Soka
Designed to fully develop students for global citizenship, Soka University of America’s Daisaku Ikeda College offers an undergraduate liberal arts curriculum that draws upon the cultures and experiences of peoples from across the globe.
While pursuing a BA in liberal arts, students choose a concentration in Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies, Life Sciences, or Social and Behavioral Sciences.
BA In Liberal Arts
General EducationLearn More
Core: Enduring QuestionsLearn More
Health and WellnessLearn More
Writing and CommunicationLearn More
Science and MathematicsLearn More
Study AbroadLearn More
Creative ArtsLearn More
Modes of InquiryLearn More
Learning ClustersLearn More
Language and CultureLearn More
American ExperienceLearn More
Pacific BasinLearn More
Creativity ForumLearn More
Environmental StudiesLearn More
Social and Behavioral SciencesLearn More
Life SciencesLearn More
International StudiesLearn More
Meet Our Faculty
Our faculty are here to interact with you in challenging and meaningful ways. Find your future mentor today by exploring their areas of expertise and research.
Your Liberal Arts Degree
At Soka you can pursue your academic passions without being confined to the borders of your discipline. We practice an interdisciplinary approach to learning that is reflective of global thinking.
- To foster an awareness of the needs of our changing world through developing a sense of history and an understanding of the nature of reality
- To think and investigate critically and creatively
- To be effective at various modes of expression and communication
- To acquire knowledge and appreciation of multiple cultures and traditions
- To become, through integrative learning, active and informed global citizens
- Complete a minimum total of 120 units
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0