Aid for International Graduates
Apply for Financial Aid
The process below outlines how to apply for financial aid as an international student. If you are a US citizen or a US permanent resident, you must apply for financial aid as a domestic student.
Application for financial aid is completed through a series of steps. Each step must be completed before the next can be started. The application links below will open and instruction documents will be available on October 1 of each year.
- You are encouraged to complete the financial aid application by February 15 in order to receive an “Estimated Financial Aid Offer” Letter with Admission decision in March.
- You will be required to submit an officially translated copy of your and your parent’s income tax return with your completed Financial Aid Applications.
- Submit your application no later than March 2 to be considered for priority funding. If you submit your application after the deadline, it will jeopardize your eligibility for need based grants.
- Upon review of your Financial Aid Application, the Office of Financial Aid may request additional verification documents.
- Any required documentation will be listed on your Learn Account in your “To Do” list. Access your Learn account online.
- An official financial aid offer will be sent to you with instructions on how to accept/decline your financial aid online.
- If you decide to accept a Soka Loan, you will need to complete step 4. If you have already filled out a Master Promissory Note for any Soka loan, you will not need to repeat the following step.
- You will be contacted by the Office of Financial Aid with instructions on completing your Master Promissory Note (MPN), Entrance Counseling, and Self-Certification Form which will finalize your loan.
- If you have questions or would like to discuss how much loan you may need, please contact the office to set up a debt counseling session.
Important Dates and Deadlines
International Financial Aid Application is available
Priority Financial Aid Application Deadline (New applicants)
Financial Aid Application Deadline
2nd week of March
Preliminary financial aid packages are released for newly admitted students
Verification forms and supporting documentation due (all students)
1st week of June
Verified financial aid packages released (all students)
1st week of semester
Financial aid disbursement for Fall semester
Office of Financial Aid
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
(949) 480-4342 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our offices are located on the second floor of Founders Hall. To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com.