Aid for Domestic Undergraduates
Apply for Financial Aid
All students are encouraged to complete a financial aid application to be considered for need-based financial aid, which includes grants, scholarships, and loans.
- You may complete the FAFSA even before your parents file their taxes. Estimate your annual family income based on last year’s taxes. You will have an opportunity to update this information during the verification process.
- You are encouraged to complete the FAFSA by February 15, even if this is before your parents file taxes, in order to receive an “Estimated Financial Aid Offer” Letter with your Admission decision in March.
- Submit your FAFSA online no later than March 2 to be considered for priority funding. If you submit your FAFSA after the deadline, you may only qualify for federal financial aid.
- Soka’s school code is: 038144
- The verification documents must be submitted by students who have been selected for verification by the Department of Education.
- Any required documentation will be listed on your Learn Account on your “To Do” list.
You will be able to view your financial aid awards after all requested verification documents have been reviewed. An official financial aid offer will be sent to you with instructions on how to accept/decline your financial aid online.
- If you are first time borrowers, you must complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling for any Federal Direct Student Loans.
- Your parents will have to complete an online application for the PLUS loan as well as complete an online application each year that they wish to borrow.
- The Direct Loan Application, MPN, and Entrance Counseling must be completed online.
Important Dates and Deadlines
FAFSA application is available
Priority Financial Aid Application deadline (new applicants)
Financial Aid Application deadline
2nd week of March
Preliminary financial aid packages are released for newly admitted students
Verification forms and supporting documentation due (all students)
1st week of June
Verified financial aid packages released (all students)
1st week of semester
Financial aid disbursement for Fall semester
Office of Financial Aid
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
(949) 480-4342 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our offices are located on the second floor of Founders Hall. To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com.