Skip to main content
- Soka University was the 1st liberal arts college in the United States to make study abroad mandatory when it opened in 2001. SUA’s first juniors went abroad in 2003.
- #1 Institution by Undergraduate Participation in Study Abroad - Baccalaureate Colleges, Institute of International Education (IIE) (Open Doors Data)
- Best in California for Study Abroad 2021 ranking by intelligent.com
- SUA’s required semester of study abroad is included in the cost of attendance, as is a new laptop computer for every entering first-year student.
- Study Abroad experiences are one of the 1st things our alumni will tell you about their Soka Education!
- #1 in Most International Students among National Liberal Arts Colleges – U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges 2022”
- #2 in Ethnic Diversity among National Liberal Arts Colleges – U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges 2022”
- Students have come from more than 60 countries since SUA opened in 2001
- Countries represented at Soka University in 2020-2021 include: Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Lithuania, Macao - Administrative Region of China, Madagascar, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan - Province of China, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Zambia
MA in Educational Leadership and Societal Change
- Soka’s MA program examines the broad landscape of modern educational institutions and structures including schools and colleges.