Mission and Highlights
- The mission of Soka University of America’s Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Societal Change program is to provide graduate-level students with the broad interdisciplinary knowledge, research skills, and practical experience for cutting-edge leadership in the all-inclusive world of education, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Program Highlights
- Analyze past and present models of US and international administrative leadership for their effectiveness in promoting equality of educational opportunity and greater workplace democracy;
- Gain foundational knowledge of the philosophical, and theoretical pedagogies of education;
- Learn to utilize networks and partnerships for broad-based, popular initiatives and reforms;
- Learn to promote meaningful collaboration among and between education and community leaders; and
- Develop and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to create and maintain learning environments that value diversity, continual knowledge acquisition, instructional leadership, innovative and ethical decision-making, and the successful achievement for all students.
Curriculum, Research, and Pedagogy
- Curriculum Overview - The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Societal Change will prepare you to:
- Critically reflect on educational issues and develop strategies to create social change.
- Think strategically and use theoretical research to evaluate effectiveness and improve practice for all learners.
- Foster global citizenship to improve educational law and polices.
- Theory & Research Courses
- EDU 503 – History and Philosophy of Education and Leadership
- EDU 505 – Leadership: Theory and Practice
- EDU 502 – Qualitative Methods in Educational Settings
- EDU 508 – Quantitative and Mixed Methods in Educational Settings
- EDU 520 – MA Thesis
- Summer Research (non-credit bearing international and domestic research travel).