Why Soka Graduate School
Be A Force For Change
Soka University of America has one MA Program in Educational Leadership and Societal Change. The program is two years (41 semester credits) and is global in scope, introducing students to the comparative and international dimensions of education. Our program answers the need for global leaders with the practical skills and experience, foundational knowledge, and ethical commitments necessary to achieve lasting and effective societal change within the field of education, including but not limited to the classroom learning environment. Cultivate close and informal relationships between teachers and students, rigorous academic endeavors, free and open dialogue, and an appreciation for human diversity.
As a Soka graduate student, you are provided:
- A master’s degree you can afford – Grants and scholarships available up to the full cost of tuition
- Visiting distinguished scholars and practitioners on-hand to meet and engage with you in your classes
- A small, select, international community of inquiry, diverse in age and experience with a student/faculty ratio of 7:1
- A summer research grant providing a field experience in a real-world leadership setting
The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Societal Change will prepare you to:
- Critically reflect on educational issues and develop strategies to create social change.
- Think strategically and use theoretical research to evaluate the effectiveness and improve practice for all learners.
- Foster global citizenship to improve educational law and polices.