We recognize that college is a challenging time for many students. Soka’s commitment to student success involves helping students navigate and grow from these challenges.
For some of you, coming to Soka may be your first time living away from home. For others, you may be leaving one academic community and adjusting to a new “home” at Soka. As a student you may be asking yourself important questions about relationships, career, identity, and similar issues. We understand these dilemmas to be a normal part of development in adults. This is why Soka provides on-campus counseling free to students.
Our counselor offers assistance with:
- establishing and maintaining relationships
- coping with anxiety and depression
- adjusting to changing roles as a young adult
- family of origin issues
- dealing with loss
- meeting new academic demands
- adjusting to life in the United States