The Writing Center is committed to advancing the culture of writing at SUA through the promotion of student-centered learning. Our mission is to help students discover effective writing, argumentation, and revision strategies through critical inquiry and effective communication.
What We Offer
Resources for Students
In addition to the services we offer students while inside the Writing Center, we also host a collection of electronic resources which students may access at any time.
Soka’s library, the Daisaku and Kaneko Ikeda Library, has many resources for Soka students.
- City University of New York’s Write Site
- University of Toronto: Advice on Academic Writing
- Harvard College Writing Center: Strategies for Essay Writing
- Anglia Ruskin University: A Helpful Guide to Essay Writing
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Writing Center Handouts
- University of Wisconsin: The Writer’s Handbook
- To gain an understanding of writing as a process that usually requires multiple drafts
- To gain rhetorical knowledge of how to write for different audiences, situations, and purposes
- To gain the ability to address local and global level issues involved in writing
- To gain confidence in completing a range of writing tasks
Ikeda 214 | (949) 480-4060
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-7:00 pm and Saturday 11:00 am-7:00 pm.