What We Offer
The Writing Center at Soka University of America (SUA) is wholeheartedly dedicated to cultivating writers who embody the university’s commitment to global citizenship, human rights, and the creative coexistence of nature and humanity. Recognizing writing as a powerful means of engaging with the world, we emphasize its role in academic inquiry, dialogue, and expression. Through methodologically sound teaching practices, our professional Writing Specialists and Writing Fellows guide the SUA community in exploring the multifaceted dimensions of writing. Our collaborative approach fosters critical thinking, encourages empathy, and inspires a contributive life.
Meet our staff of professional Writing Specialists and undergraduate and graduate program Writing Fellows.
Resources for Students
In addition to the services we offer students while inside the Writing Center, we also host a collection of electronic resources which students may access at any time.
Soka’s library, the Daisaku and Kaneko Ikeda Library, has many resources for Soka students.
- City University of New York’s Write Site
- University of Toronto: Advice on Academic Writing
- Harvard College Writing Center: Strategies for Essay Writing
- Anglia Ruskin University: A Helpful Guide to Essay Writing
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Writing Center Handouts
- University of Wisconsin: The Writer’s Handbook
- To gain an understanding of writing as a process that usually requires multiple drafts
- To gain rhetorical knowledge of how to write for different audiences, situations, and purposes
- To gain the ability to address local and global level issues involved in writing
- To gain confidence in completing a range of writing tasks
Location: Ikeda 214
Phone: (949) 480-4060
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm and Sundays 11 am - 7 pm.