What We Offer
The Writing Center is committed to support the SUA community to become confident, effective, and successful writers in all academic, professional, and personal situations. Because writing is a powerful tool that can change the world, writing and all forms of communication are crucial to promote peace and human rights as global citizens. Together, we explore the many aspects of writing through inclusive and accessible teaching practices with well-trained professional Writing Specialists and student Fellows.
Meet our staff of professional Writing Specialists and undergraduate and graduate program Writing Fellows.
Resources for Students
In addition to the services we offer students while inside the Writing Center, we also host a collection of electronic resources which students may access at any time.
Soka’s library, the Daisaku and Kaneko Ikeda Library, has many resources for Soka students.
- City University of New York’s Write Site
- University of Toronto: Advice on Academic Writing
- Harvard College Writing Center: Strategies for Essay Writing
- Anglia Ruskin University: A Helpful Guide to Essay Writing
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Writing Center Handouts
- University of Wisconsin: The Writer’s Handbook
- To gain an understanding of writing as a process that usually requires multiple drafts
- To gain rhetorical knowledge of how to write for different audiences, situations, and purposes
- To gain the ability to address local and global level issues involved in writing
- To gain confidence in completing a range of writing tasks
Location: Ikeda 214
Phone: (949) 480-4060
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm and Sundays 11 am - 7 pm.